Arrested Boko Haram confesses to killing two

THE NEWSGHOST, NIGERIA – According to report, Mohammed Basha, one of the leaders of the Boko Haram sect who was arrested by the Anti-Crime Unit of Ondo State Police Command on Sunday, October 1, 2017 confessed to killing of two people since he joined the group in 2016.

Mohammed was arrested in Isua Akoko area of Akoko South-East Local Government Area of Ondo. He said he was planning to attack the state before he was nabbed by the Anti-Crime Unit of the police in the state that Sunday.

He said in Hausa language that:

‘I only killed two people. The first person was a little child who I murdered inside the bush while the second one was an adult I killed by the roadside’

‘I ran into Ondo State from Nasarawa after the military launched a manhunt for us (Boko Haram) in the North. When I arrived in the state, I went straight to see my younger brother and decided to walk on the streets of the community.’

‘I had planned to strike but first wanted to eat by the roadside when I was arrested by the police patrol team and moved down to their station.

‘Some of our members who ran from the military are still scattered around the local communities in Ondo State,’

Gbenga Adeyanju, the State Commissioner of Ondo State Police Command, said the suspect will be handed over to the army. He added that Mohammed was also arrested on the same spot that the police arrested another member of the Boko Haram sect last week.

He also reacted to Mohammed’s statement that there are many terrorists within the state, he said his men were equal to the task of apprehending them.

He said:

‘If he says that there are many of them in the state, we will get them.’

‘We will not reveal what we are going to do and how we will carry out our operations, but we will get them.’

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *